cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Removal of Enterprise Vault for Exchange

norcal_motocros
Level 2

I have an interesting situation I need some help brainstorming with. 

Enterprise Vault 8 was installed to archive mail on an Exchange 2007 environment on Domain A.  Several months ago a new Domain "Domain B" was built with Windows 2008/Exchange 2010.  All mail was from Domain A was migrated to B using third party tools.  The Exchange server from Domain A has been shut down and no longer exists.

All users can still access the archives because Enterprise Vault is still online.  The goal is to remove Enterprise Vault as a new solution has been purchased by management.

So we need to get the mail out of the Vault. 

My first choice would be to export back into the users orginal mailbox, but of course the orginal mailbox no longer exists.

I can export to a PST file for each of the archives, which gets the mail out of the vault, however the orginal stub message will still exist.

I cant add the new Exchange server to Enterprise Vault because they are in different domains.  I could possibly join the Enterprise vault server to the new domain, however, I dont know what that would do to existing access if anything.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just export to PST and use exchange to delete the ipm.note.enterprisevault messages Theres nott much else you can do
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Just export to PST and use exchange to delete the ipm.note.enterprisevault messages Theres nott much else you can do
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

norcal_motocros
Level 2

Jesus Saves

Can you give me a little more detail about what you mean about the ipm.note?  I am coming to the party late and not very familiar with Enterprise Vault.  Does EV append the name of the .ipn.note file?  It so, I could use it to filter

Did some research and found that it adds IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

He means the message class of the EV shortcut is ipm.note.enterprisevault.  You can create an Exchange rule to remove those from the mailbox.

Simon_Altit_-_I
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Another option is to use a third-party tool such as TransVault Migrator to managed the entire process for you. It will be a lot simplar and far easier in the long run. However there will be an added expense of purchasing the tool