Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export archived Alias mail to new mailbox in Enterprise vault 14

Janaka_Sampath
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

We have a requirement to export archived alias mail to new mailbox, Is it possible in EV 14

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Janaka,

What type of archive is the email currently in?  Is it in a Journal archive or another users mailbox archive?

Depending on your use case, you might need to export to PST and then import that into the desired target mailbox.

TS

Janaka_Sampath
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi 

Thank you for reply, It is a users mail box archive, 

If it possible, is it possible to export only alias mail. 

TonySterling

I'm sorry but I am not understanding what you mean by "alias mail".  Do you mean only email sent to/from a specific account?

If yes, you should be able to use the search, see this: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/es_ES/doc/73691519-121370359-0/v91460047-121370359 and also https://www.veritas.com/content/support/es_ES/doc/73691519-121370359-0/v91460205-121370359

Or if you have Discovery Accelerator you could use that.

TS

Janaka_Sampath
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi 

Email alias mean, alternative email address, 

https://www.seattleserver.com/clients/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/529/How-to-Add-an-E-mail-Alias-to-...

one email account has two different email addresses ,where one email address with department@example.com , other one based on name,  sam@example.com. when user transfer to different department, we should have export  previously archived personnel emails( sam@example.com) to the current email box.

department@example.com  original email

sam@example.com. Alternative email (Email Alias)

Prone2Typos

Honestly this is what I thought you meant but it was unclear to me also until this posting. As the mighty Tony implied, totally possible. PST intermediary step may be ideal in this case, as he also implied.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I don't see how in exchange, has far as I know,  all message send to non-primary address are resolve by the exchange server to the primary email address and EV will archive the message has the primary address.

Prone2Typos

I mean I would want to test it to confirm, but I believe the recipient information of the message is collected and indexed and can be searched against. This would not provide as extensive info as properly Jouranled content would, but I believe the recipients info can still used as search criteria and the results exported. So if I understood you properly, it may resolve to the mailbox account associated with the primary address, the message would still contain searchable info showing what the intended recipient was, and be able to use that in the search.

Tonaco_pt

Hi Prone2Typos,

I just tested in my environment it didn't work, If I change the 'from' to the other 'smtp' address it arrives has the original, that is in exchange.

I query the Enterprise Vault and the only message I got where does when the second smtp address was the primary.

TonySterling

Do you happen to have Discovery Accelerator or eDiscovery Platform you could try with? They might perform better.

Tonaco_pt

We don't have DA or eDiscovery, I thought EV index the message header, I check and the 2nd address is present in the message header, so it would make sense for the message shown in the search.

If I understand correct to export a message with this kind of query should be using a search application not VAC to export to PST.

I may have a similar problem, that why I commented in this post. To see if this would help.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenient