cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export archives based on the vault store

ZS1
Level 3

I have 5 vault stores in the same site and need to export all archives to pst files from a specific Vault Store. Is there a way to use power shell to get Archive ID of all archives in a specific Vault Store , export them to a csv file and then use the csv file in conjuction with the Export-EVArchive command?

5 REPLIES 5

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi ZS1,

You should be able to get the information out of SQL using the following query.

SELECT
VaultEntryId as ArchiveId,
ArchiveName
FROM ArchiveView
WHERE VaultStoreEntryId = 'Specific_ID' -- ID of the vault store from the VaultStoreEntry table

You should then be able to process the exports using the following command with the .csv file containing the ArchiveId values.Contents of csv would be 

ArchiveId
ID1
ID2
ID3

Import-Csv c:\temp\archives.csv | Export-EVArchive -OutputDirectory "c:\Exported Items"

Regards,

Patrick 

Thanks for the quick response.

Now I am at the point where the command export-evarchive cannot be found.

The term 'Export-EVArchive' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Chec
k the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:51
+ Import-Csv c:\temp\archives.csv | Export-EVArchive <<<< -OutputDirectory "K:\ExportedItems"
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Export-EVArchive:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi, 

Are you running this in the EV Management shell?  

Regards,

Patrick 

I am running it in the management shell.

However I am running EV 11 and Export-EVArchive apparently is in EV 12 only.

Is there a way to import the cmdlet from EV 12 to EV 11?

The Export-EVArchive is part of the snapin.dll

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

There are other dependencies that make importing into EV 11 impossible.  Another option would be consulting/partner to get the data out of the vault store.  

Regards,

Patrick