cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export archives to PST with EVPM

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi there,

We are trying to export a few hundred archives to PSTs. The best way would be to use a script or EVPM, but I could not find an example of exporting the archive to a PST by using EVPM.

Do you somehow have a INI file for EVPM that can be used for this?

EV is version 8 SP2.

Thank you in advance!
Olivian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Why not just right click Archives in the Vault Admin Console and choose Export?  No need to push it back to Exchange.  Seems like it would be easier to apply a 0 day policy for all message classes and then use EV's Export function.

Unless I am misunderstanding the use case.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Sorry, there is not such evpm to export archives to pst.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
There are tools such as Archive shuttle from www.evtools.net that may be able to help you

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Just thought of another option.

Restore the email back to the users mailboxes in batches then use Exmerge to export the contents of the mailbox to PST files

This way you have no costs involved but there is some work involved

TonySterling
Why not just right click Archives in the Vault Admin Console and choose Export?  No need to push it back to Exchange.  Seems like it would be easier to apply a 0 day policy for all message classes and then use EV's Export function.

Unless I am misunderstanding the use case.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You missunderstood.

I believe the key here is that they want to AUTOMATE it...   ("few hundret archives"...  have fun with clicking! *g*)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi guys,

Thanks for the thoughts.

Unfortunately it would be impossible to export the archives to the mailboxes as they are simply too big for the Exchange server's storage.
Also, a 0 day policy would not be usable as the users are still working until the last day.

I would use the Export archive, but it's a bit difficult to select a few hundred users from a list of thousands... This is why I thought of EVPM in the first place.

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Now, I'm going to try to find a way to populate the field Employee-Type on the archives that need to be exported. If I manage this, then we would be able to easily filter the archives from the Export wizard.

Thanks for everyone for the input! You confirmed my fears and forced me to move in the new direction. :)