cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export failed, how to avoid duplicate mail

Anderswh
Level 3

Hello

I am in the process of exporting back archives to users mailboxes, but one of the users just faild exporting the mail. I got the error "Processing aborted due to an unrecoverable error.". This has happened to me before, so I guess it is something that just happens once in a while.

The issue at hand is that it managed to export 18000 e-mails before it failed, how do I avoid exporting these 18k e-mails back when I try to export it again? I really dont want the user to have duplicates of 18k mails.

Regards

Anders Helgesplass

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Anders,

If you using Enterprise Vault native export then you dont you will have dups or you will manualy have to clean it up.

If you are doing a migration back into Microsoft Exchange I would suggest you look at something like Archive ShuttleAkaibu or TVS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Hi Anders,

If you using Enterprise Vault native export then you dont you will have dups or you will manualy have to clean it up.

If you are doing a migration back into Microsoft Exchange I would suggest you look at something like Archive ShuttleAkaibu or TVS.

Anderswh
Level 3

Hello

I am not interested in buy any third party software at this time. Enterprise Vault really lacks in features, guess I will have to clean it up manually.

Thank you for your help.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Going forward, have EV remove the items from the archive, then when you have to resume the export for one reason of another you won't be exporting items already restored because they will no longer exist in the archive
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146