cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export problems 6.0sp4

Nick_Young_2
Level 3

If I try to export users from admin console and I get the following error. This is happening for over 300 users so seems to be something global. Has anyone got any idea what it be. Have loaded latest patches to try fix.

Server is Windows2003 SP2. Could not export before SP2 applied, just hoped it would fix.

Error in Event 6696 viewer is :-

Exchange Server mailbox access error occurred

Exchange Server: EXCH-MSG-01

Exchange Privileged Mailbox:

Mailbox DN: /o=Exch-Domain/ou=ExchUsers/cn=Recipients/cn=AccountsFax

Reference: OMMS/GMSFP

0000: 43 6c 61 73 73 46 61 63   ClassFac
0008: 74 6f 72 79 20 63 61 6e   tory can
0010: 6e 6f 74 20 73 75 70 70   not supp
0018: 6c 79 20 72 65 71 75 65   ly reque
0020: 73 74 65 64 20 63 6c 61   sted cla
0028: 73 73 20 20 5b 30 78 38   ss  [0x8
0030: 30 30 34 30 31 31 31 5d   0040111]

Followed by Event 7225

CMailboxHandler::OpenMailboxMsgStore (Exit)

Catastrophic failure [0x8000ffff]

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
1. Reboot the Enterprise Vault server.

2. Re-install the Exchange System Manager (ESM) on the EV server and make sure the version of ESM on the Exchange and EV servers is the same. In a mixed environment, use the latest version (2003 sp?)

3. Make sure Outlook is the default Email client on the EV server. To do this open IE and go to: Tools | Internet Options | Programs and under E-Mail it should say 'Microsoft Outlook'.

4. Delete any old Outlook profiles.

5. Make sure the EV system mailbox (not Vault Admin Account) is not hidden from the Global Address List (GAL) and can be logged into successfully.

6. Open SQL Enterprise Manager. Select the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database>Tables. Right click ArchivingRetrievalTask, select Open Table > Return all rows. For each row, locate the SystemMailbox column, change the email address to show the full SMTP address of the mailbox. It should be displayed as: smtp:evexch1@mycompany.com

7. Re-start all Archiving tasks.

If you still have the problem, DTrace the ArchiveTask, AgentclientBroker and the Migrator Server.  Then log a support call with the DTrace and Event logs to hand for the Engineer to analyse.

Regards

Rob

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
(small FYI - win 2003 sp2 is not yet supported....http://support.veritas.com/docs/276547 )

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the posative answer,

re did the ESM to same version as Exchange. Checked other bits as per email.

Op4, do I need to make new profile, or just leave empty ?

Tried as much of that as can and still get the same error. Don't understand option 6 as there is nothing in the database so not sure what to do there or if you mean put in manually before export.

Nick

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
On point 4 you do not need to create any profiles manually.

On point 6 - right click on the archive task and in the properties you will see the system mailbox that the particular task is associated with. If the system mailbox is listed by alias only, you will need to go into the evdirectory database in sql and change the format from alias to smtp format like rob explained above...so instead of it showing "evsystemmailbox" it will show "smtp:evsystemmailbox@yourdomain.com"

Message Edited by andra christie on 04-26-200702:29 PM

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273298

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273163

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Hi,

Ok, got it now.

Did all the recommended but still get the same error. Only change is it now says the full smtp as the failed user. Have also tried with all services and user mailbox as administrator but same result. Logged in as user who can open all mailboxes with manual profile etc but still no joy.

Don't know if it helps but I am able to export to PST without problem.

That would work if there was a way I could run something against Exchange to remove all the stubs/shortcuts from the mailboxes.  That way I can then just re-import the pst's without duplicating data.

Is that an easy thing to do ?

Nick

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Are you logged on as the vault service account when doing the exports? Have you definitely verified VSA permissions?

This issue is normally fixed by the recommendations Rob gave, but maybe a dtrace would be more useful.

Nick_Young_2
Level 3
Hi,

I have tried with the service login and as Administrator just to test another user doing the export. Both can export to pst without issue, it is just exporting to origional mailbox. 

As it was normally configured I was able to get the data out over half of the users, so this is only affecting some users. I have checked all the obvious things and even created a new storage group and moved them to that to test. 

I have verified, and just to be safe removed and re-added permissions, both globally and individually.

I will have a go at the dtrace and see if that gives any more info.

Nick