cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to .pst

Levante27
Not applicable

Hi all.

I try to export mailbox from EV to a .pst file.

It's possible to export only the "original" email and not the link?

I opened the pst file with outlook and I have a lot of link (and those didn't works................off course!).

Thanks

Gino

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Exactly how are you doing the export?

Can you share your process and also EV version info?

Levante44
Not applicable

Hi Tony.

I used the Export archive wizard from the EV admin Console (Archive -> Export).

The EV version is 10.0.4

Thanks

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

When you are using the Export archive Wizard this is what happens:

A copy will be made of the archived items of this user and the mails will be put into a pst. These are no links but "original" mails.

And regarding your chosen option you can decide what should hapen with the items in the archive. (for example delete them)

@CConsult So for this archived email from EV, is it possible to export to a single .PST if the archived mailbox is larger than 20 GB ?

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

It is possible but not to one single PST. The archive will then automatically be splitted in whatever sizes you configure. I usually take 10GB chunks.

Don't make chunks of over 20GB as it may conflict with maximum PST sizes. (especially if you use Exchange 2007 and earlier)

Also remember that a PST is generally bigger then the archived items, not always but most of the times.

@CConsult I'm using Exchange Server 2010 and the .PST will be used by Outlook 2013/16 in the department where it is now no longer with our company anymore.

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I would still not suggest to do more then 20 GB per PST. As big PSTs used to make problems for me in the past.