Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export users to original mailbox

mickelingon
Level 5
Partner
Hi

I have a customer with over 20 000 archived mailboxes. They now want an investigation about the best way of removing their EV from the infrastructure.
They want to know the best way of restoring the archived mail to the original mailboxes? Or other solutions of accessing their mails in the future.

Any thought on this?

Kind regards
2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello,

Getting totally rid of EV means indeed exporting 20000 archives back into Exchange.
Disabling all users, zapping all users, uninstalling EV.

Why do they want to get rid of EV? (personal interest question)

I would contact support. It should be possible to keep an EV-server running that acts as a ' shopping'  server, which gives users access to archived mails, without the need for archiving. You could disable all users from archiving.

There might be tools available that can export the content of the archive back in the mailbox (in bulk), but do take in account the amount of space you need in Exchange! Check evtools.net (I'm not affiliated in anyway with them), maybe they can help.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

mickelingon
Level 5
Partner
Hi

Thanks for your thoughts.
This is a political desicion from the customer.
But it has to be said that I'm going to do an evaluation report for them containing pros and cons, SAN space etc if they want to get rid of EV.
Mostly it has to do about the non satisfying support for Exchange 2010 wich they are migrating to as we speak.
It has become a principal thing for them that Symantec cant support Exchange 2010 when it's available on the market.

Mike