cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting EV archive to .PST for large Exchange mailbox user ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi All,

I'm in the process of exporting around 18+ TB of archived email to .PST files from my Enterprise Vault Version: 11.0.1.3683 so I've got some question that I need to clarify:

1. Does it consumes the EV server CPU/RAM/Storage or the SQL Server CPU/RAM/Storage or both ?
  2. Does the large archived mailbox that is larger than 20 GB in size can be exported as single .PST? or it will failed given there is a note The size of new PST files will be limited to 20480 MB during the export process.

That's all that I can think of so far in my export process.

Thanks,

JS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

1. Ev server mostly

2. i would not recommend to go over 20GB.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

1. Ev server mostly

2. i would not recommend to go over 20GB.

@CConsult Thanks for the reply,

However, this server is already big enough in terms of the VM: 4x vCPU & 16 GB vRAM

But there are about 100-200 of archived Exchange mailboxes that is already larger than 25 GB in my Exchange server as well as the EV server.

What do I do about them ?

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

there is an option to split PST

"maximum PST size" when you start the Export Wizard

I wouldn't go over 2 Gb personally.

Working for cloudficient.com

@Rob_Wilcox1, Yes, but somehow if there is a mailbox with 57 GB archived size, do I just split them into 29x 2 GB .PST files ?

John, you can of course, do whatever you and the users want.

But, a 57 Gb PST file is far more likely to get corrupted.. will take a long time to re-export (when it gets corrupted, or lost).. will actually be a lot more than 57 Gb...

and so on.

Working for cloudficient.com