cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Exchange journaled data from journal archive

ph1llies05
Level 4

Good morning guys,

I've been reading different post concerning exporting all journaled data from a journal archive and have a question on which is the best course of action.  I actually know which is the best, but just wanted to get your opinions.  I'll start with a short background of what my organization is trying to accomplish.  We've been journaling with Evault from Exchange for about 4 years and have a 2 journal archives that total about 16TB .  We have since migrated from Exchange and need to export all of the journaled data from Evault.  My question is, is the best solution to use a third party such as Archive shuttle or TransArchive (I believe that's the name) to perform the export?  Also, doesn't these tools maintain the "chain of custody" and integrity of the data while being exported?  Any input you can provide would be great, Thanks

We are running EV8 sp5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sounds like you will need a third party tool as you are going to want to keep the envelope intact.  I would recommend Archive Shuttle but you also need to clarify what format the destination wants the mail in.  Any app you use will want to know that. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Where are you wanting the data to go to?

Working for cloudficient.com

ph1llies05
Level 4

The data will be migrated over to eERDMS, which I don't know to much about. 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sounds like you will need a third party tool as you are going to want to keep the envelope intact.  I would recommend Archive Shuttle but you also need to clarify what format the destination wants the mail in.  Any app you use will want to know that. 

ph1llies05
Level 4

Thanks for the reply guys, I'm not even sure what the format at the other end will be.  I just wanted to make sure that I was telling my management the correct information.  As always you guys are awesome.