cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Symantec Archive to Exchange archive mailbox

tfoster
Level 4

Hi, so I recently created an archive mailbox for myself on Exchange. Is it possible to export my Symantec archive directly to the Exchange archive? or do I need to export it to my main mailbox and then use a retention policy to move the email to my archive?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Best method would be to export to PST and then import into the Archvie mailbox.

View solution in original post

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if this just a one-off then sure you can do it the way you suggested or how witsend suggested is probably cleaner. if you need to do it on a large scale i'd recommend looking into migration tools which is something we have a lot of experience with and can discuss offline if applicable.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, Andy was referring to third-party tools, like our Archive Shuttle.  

6 REPLIES 6

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Best method would be to export to PST and then import into the Archvie mailbox.

AndrewB

if this just a one-off then sure you can do it the way you suggested or how witsend suggested is probably cleaner. if you need to do it on a large scale i'd recommend looking into migration tools which is something we have a lot of experience with and can discuss offline if applicable.

tfoster
Level 4

Ah.. so the vault doesn't recognize archive mailboxes when going to export? Darn.. that's going to take muuuuch longer considering my archive is huge..

Thanks!

tfoster
Level 4

Migration tools? I'm guessing third party? There is a Migration tool but it looks like it's an importer.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, Andy was referring to third-party tools, like our Archive Shuttle.  

AndrewB

correct