Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Link for EV 11 and Outlook 2013/06

szanni
Level 1

Hello all,

I have problem with Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 and Outlook 2013/2016

When I try to connect to vault archive trought vault plugin and my client is connected in my company network (LAN) I haven't problems, but when I try to connect to my vault archive trought vault plugin from my home (INTERNET) I cannot access the archive.
I saw that Outlook try to connect trought INTERNAL name server and not trought EXTERNAL name server, and probably this is the problem.

In Enterprise Vault console I configured the external link in POLICIES --> DESKTOP --> ADVANCED --> OUTLOOK but seems that doesn't work.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Stefano.

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You should start by making sure that the change in desktop policy is properly reflected in your Outlook client. You'll need to do a mailbox sync when you're in the office, and more than likely restart Outlook.

You can then check with the Vault Info page, what is shown in the hidden message relating to this setting.

You can also generate a client log file and see which URL(s) are being tried, and why.

Working for cloudficient.com

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Just an Idea - Had this for Outlook 2013 / 2016 in a couple of environments. 

Unable to perform EV operations when outlook 2016 connects to Exchange 2010 via RPC over HTTP/S profile

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000108366 

But as Rob mentioned - providing a clientlog could help in bringing this down. 

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de