cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External and Internal Emails

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I need a solution to archive email internal email messages to a archive named "Internal" and External emails to archive named "External" in the enterprise vault from journal mailbox..

I know I can use Default Filter Rules.xml file but can some one point correct design of the XML file and also is it practicle , are there any one oıut there having such implementation for Journal Archiving??

Does it cause any performance problem? (Daily Journal size is 450 GB ansd there are six journal mailboxes connected to 6 EV server)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you use Discovery Accelerator it can already do direction based detection without the need for separate archives and you can see whether it's internal or external quite easily
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I beleive its not possible to archvie 1 mailbox to two different archvies. But I guess you can create rule in outlook where in you move the external email and internal emails to a different folder so when you open the archive you can make search in either of the folder .. But its just a guess I have not actually tried it .

Musa_Timur_Sari
Level 4
Partner Accredited

You can use "Default Filter Rules.xml" file and use

<RULE [NAME="rule_name"] [ACTION="match_action"]
[ATTACHMENT_ACTION="match_action"]
[CONTENTCATEGORY="content_category"]
[RETENTION="retention_category"]
[ARCHIVEID="archiveid"]> 

Kind of rule to send it to different archive according to rules . But is it practical in terms of DLP ,CA and DA connections??

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Thanks for the information . I dont think so there would be any performance impact on the exchange server hosting the journal mailbox , there might be minimal performance issue on the ev server though .

I work on Ca/ Da mostly and I cannot think of any issue which would come across using such configuration.It would be just that your serached would run agains two journal archives instead of One .

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you use Discovery Accelerator it can already do direction based detection without the need for separate archives and you can see whether it's internal or external quite easily
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146