cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS Archived files still accessible even after FSA resource was taken offline from Cluster Server

Will_Moulic1
Level 3

Hello experts,

I just want some insight on how was the above mentioned subject was possible.

I had a case where our Windows folks temporarily offline the FSA resource from the cluster server due to some bugcheck and failovers. After a day, users started complaining that stub files cannot be accessed. When they online the FSA resource, stub files become accessible again. Customer happy.

They offline'd it again to avoid failover, the weird thing is, when we are testing, the stub files are still accessible. How is this possible?

NOTE: I'm on the process of deploying EV 10.0.4 CHF3 because of the bugcheck issue on Windows File Server issue.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

I would have the customer go to the 11.0.1 CHF5 agent which can be installed from the download for 11.0.1 CHF 5.  http://www.veritas.com/docs/000106004

The agent can be one version higher or lower than the EV server.

The placeholder service and driver are not controlled by the EnterpriseVaultFSA resource so bringing the resource offline will not stop the service/driver connectivity.  The FSA Agent services are still set to Automatic on each node.  Recalls will still function as long as the service/driver are communicating properly.  The resource performs a background refresh after a failover so that any new drives can be enabled for recalls. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

I would have the customer go to the 11.0.1 CHF5 agent which can be installed from the download for 11.0.1 CHF 5.  http://www.veritas.com/docs/000106004

The agent can be one version higher or lower than the EV server.

The placeholder service and driver are not controlled by the EnterpriseVaultFSA resource so bringing the resource offline will not stop the service/driver connectivity.  The FSA Agent services are still set to Automatic on each node.  Recalls will still function as long as the service/driver are communicating properly.  The resource performs a background refresh after a failover so that any new drives can be enabled for recalls. 

Hi plaudone1,

Thanks so much for this summary. Much appreciated.