cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Placeholders not getting created

MohitAhuja
Level 3

Hi,

I have installed EV11.0.1 for FSA Archiving. We have added the CIFS shares hosted on EMC VNX 5700 as the FSA targets. We have setup the Archiving task to archive the data that is stored on the CIFS shares.

When we are running the Archiving task it is archiving the data that is stored on the CIFS shares on the first run and the reports shows Archived and shortcut NotCreated. I have setup "remove safetycopy - after backup " and have selected to use Archive bit trigger file.

I'm using a script that will create a file called "IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt" on the Vault store and when the partition scan starts it will change the file to .old i.e. "IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.old".

So, after the first archiving task completes the I put the EV into a backup mode and after sometime exit the backup mode. Once the Vault store and Indexes are out of the backup mode then I run the script which will create the IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger file and then the partition scan runs and changes this file to .old.Once the above mentioned process is completed then I start the archiving task all over again using the run now option so that now it can create the shortcuts but surprisingly the shortcuts doesn't get created and the report shows "AlreadyArchived" and "ShortcutNotCreated".

I can see that the size of the storageQueue is incresing but the Vault Store does not get any data in it.

Any ideas whats happening...

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

do you have your FSA task set to create a detailed log? it might be more helpful that way

MohitAhuja
Level 3

@AndrewB, Thanks for your reply. I have ran a DTrace and have captured the log. I can attach the Dtrace log if that helps.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I see in the dtrace many occurances of "is archived but NOT secured." based on your settings, the shortcuts won't be created until EV is backed up.

MohitAhuja
Level 3

I have followed the below process...

• Put EV into backup mode
  • Net backup has backed up the Indexes, Database,storagequeue and Vault store.
  • Pull EV out of the Backup Mode.
  • Ran the script to change IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger file.
  • Partition scan started and changed the file IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger to .old
  • Ran the FSA Archiving task but the report still shows "Already Archived" and "ShortcutNotCreated"

Please let me know if I have missed something.