cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Problem

Jason_Mok
Level 3
hi all,

In my case, I want to archive file from NT4 Server(Placeholder service is install), but i can't create a volume under the File Server in EV(EV5.0SP5). in the tab of synchronization, synchronize button is dim, and the

progress : An error occures getting the synchronization status from the file server \\server name

Reason : Class nor registered

please help me to fix it

regards

Jason
3 REPLIES 3

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
I presume that your EV server is not NT4.
Also have you checked that .NET is installed on the EV server. If it is not then you will need to install that first and you may even have to go to the extreme of re-installing EV on the box again.

Not un-install - Just re-install over the top. Also make sure that the EV service account is a member of the local admin group on the NT4 file server.

Cheers

Jason_Mok
Level 3
Thankyou your reply,

I miss to mention that EV service is install at Win2003 Server Version, and I check about .Net1.1 service is install. The service a/c is local Admin group. On the other hand, I build new FSA Placeholder service in local(Win2003), it have the same result.
When I unistall EV5.0SP5 and install 6.0 version, the problem is not occur, so is the versioning problem???
Please advise me how to do.

Regard.

JasonMessage was edited by:
Jason Mok

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
It just sounds more like a dll registration issue, not the version. It would make sense that the V6 version works as .Net dll's get signed and registered according to their build in the registry.
If the V5 registration failed for whatever reason then you would have to re-register the dll's manually.

Unfortunately with .Net dll's it's not quite as straight forward as using regsvr32 for ordinary dll's. You have to use regasm with switches.

But if V6 works for you, why don't you just stick with it?