cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Reporting how to tell if the FSA Agent installed on proxy server

lindaloo3
Level 3

We have been running EV for some time, but have tried recently setting up Reporting.  When I "Run FSA Reporting Scan" from the Admin Console, nothing happens.  It never shows it starting.  As our fileservers are Netapp, we have setup a proxy server. 

My question is how can I tell if the FSA Agent is installed on my Proxy server, and will it hurt anything to reinstall?  Would it be best if I shutdown services prior to re-installing the FSA Agent?

Thanks,

Linda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you sure you arent archiving directly from the netapp? you can check in the vault admin console to see if the filer is configured as a target.

to answer your other question, you should be able to see if the FSA agent  is installed on a windows server by checking add/remove programs or whatever it's called these days.

for FSA reporting specifically, there are some requirements that are different from mailbox archiving reporting. you might want to check the documentation for those just to make sure you have everything in place.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

are you sure you arent archiving directly from the netapp? you can check in the vault admin console to see if the filer is configured as a target.

to answer your other question, you should be able to see if the FSA agent  is installed on a windows server by checking add/remove programs or whatever it's called these days.

for FSA reporting specifically, there are some requirements that are different from mailbox archiving reporting. you might want to check the documentation for those just to make sure you have everything in place.

lindaloo3
Level 3

Thanks, I'll review the FSA reporting doc.   I am definitely archiving from the Netapp and the agent is installed, so it must be something else.

Linda

AndrewB

by the way, i think the EV Deployment Scanner has a check for this too.