Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA: USers can access all archived items

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi All

Having another permission based issue. We recently move our file server from 2003 to 2008 (23). But the strangest thing happens. Once we moved the data from 2003 to 2008 (32) allow the users could access archived data.

We are runnin gEV 8 SP 4

Any Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
HI all

Sorry I am only getting back to you now but we managed to resolve the problem. After a painful investigation and fighting with File administrators we discovered that all folders where inheriting permissions to all folders to a a group which had "Domain Users" in it.

Once we removed the inherit permissions everything sorted it self out.

Thanks for all the replies

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Check the permission on the actual folder being archived ...

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
HI Rahul

Check the folder and there is nothing out of the ordinary. We removed the EV account from the domain admins and we have removed domain admins from the folders themselfs.

Would the archive points have anything to do with it?

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I'd also check if your archives are using the share or the NTFS permissions. You can have your files are secured with NTFS permissions and the shares with open permissions and the archives using the share permissions and not the NTFS permissions causing this problem. Its's set with the regitry key HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\synchroniseFSASharePermissions where 0 is use NTFS permissions.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
HI all

Sorry I am only getting back to you now but we managed to resolve the problem. After a painful investigation and fighting with File administrators we discovered that all folders where inheriting permissions to all folders to a a group which had "Domain Users" in it.

Once we removed the inherit permissions everything sorted it self out.

Thanks for all the replies