cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA - archive based on specified date

Dan33
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I'm new to EV and I'm trying to find somewhere I can setup a policy to archive items created before a specified date, I can only see a section where you can choose older than X months/years etc or within the last X months/years etc

The business wants files before a certain date kept for one retention period, and files created after that date for a different retention period. Is there any way to do this?

We are running EV 9.0.2 on Windows 2k8 R2

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Dan,

This may work for you.  How about settings one of the attributes on the the files you wish to archive?  EV can than use a a rule to identify and archive only those files.

Attributes available are: Hidden, Offline, Encrypted, System, Read-only, Compressed, Ready for archiving.

Once the older files are archived you could then switch policies for the new retention category and use the age based as normal.  The already archived files will maintain the retention category assigned at time of archive.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Dan,

This may work for you.  How about settings one of the attributes on the the files you wish to archive?  EV can than use a a rule to identify and archive only those files.

Attributes available are: Hidden, Offline, Encrypted, System, Read-only, Compressed, Ready for archiving.

Once the older files are archived you could then switch policies for the new retention category and use the age based as normal.  The already archived files will maintain the retention category assigned at time of archive.

Dan33
Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure how feasible it will be to do this but I will investigate it.

Thanks

Dan