cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA error class not registred 0x80040154

haeussler
Level 4

Hello together,

a customer is facing the following issues. In the fsa archiving log you can see the following for a few items:

Class not registered (Exception HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)) - This occurs for items with file extensions: ppt, pdf, xls and xlsx

This is not a valid placeholder file. Ignoring this file. Element not found. (Exception HRESULT: 0x80070490) - This occurs for a few items were are not present in the file system

Any idea how we can solve this?

Regards, 

Lucas

8 REPLIES 8

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Lucas,

I suggest running FileReRegister.bat (C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\), then reboot the EV server.

Let us know the results.

--Virgil

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

The error - "This is not a valid placeholder file. Ignoring this file. Element not found." is typically due to the file not be a complete placeholder.  For instance it may be offline, but not have the reparse data. A good PH file should have APLO or PLO as the attributes on Windows.  If the L is missing then the file should be full size on disk. This is usually caused by a user dragging a full file on top of the PH file.  

If needed we do have a PowerShell script that can help to resolve the files with those errors. 

Regards,

Patrick 

Hello Patrick,

that would be great. After that I will test it and come back to you.

Regards,

Lucas

haeussler
Level 4

Hello, the customer tested the FileReregister but this not solve the issue.
Can you provide me the powershell script Patrick?

Regards,

Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Attached is the file that you can use to check the files.

1. Copy the attached file to the file server and rename to .ps1. 

2. Open an Administrator PowerShell CMD window and path to the file and execute.  It will prompt for the path to check.  You can use a local path or UNC path. 

3. Choose N to recall the files as we only need to check them. 

The process should verify the files to ensure they are the correct format for a placeholder.  For example, if a file is Offline but does not have the EV reparse data (an L attribute on Windows) then it will remove the Offline bit.  These files should be full files and Size on disk should reflect the full size. 

Regards,

Patrick 

Hello,

the customer checked that but unfortunately this not solve the issue. The items are not present in the file system. So they cant be checked. Any other thoughts regarding this two issues?

Regards, Lucas

I would suggest that a Support case be opened so we can get to the root of the issue and determine the best course of action. 

Thanks,

Patrick 

Hi Patrick,

Your script works fine for me, but I had to do a small adpatation :
Your script analyse the output from fsutil in English to find files without EV reparse information.

As I have a french operating system, the error string won't be "Error" but "Erreur"
After changing that in the script, it worked like a charm !

In french, replace $fsutiloutst -match'(?m:^Error)' by $fsutiloutst -match'(?m:^Erreur)'

Thanks