cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA local recall .bat question

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hello,

A while back I was given a .bat file by support to recall placeholders locally from the file server rather than recall using FSAUtility. I am able recall to standard placeholders without issue but the .bat will not work for hidden files, does anyone have suggestions on how to adjust this to work for hidden placeholders as I have 45,000 on a single share to recall? 

Below are the contents of the .bat which is accompanied by a copy.txt file containing the files needing to be recalled.

for /f "delims=" %%A in ('type copy.txt') do copy ^"%%A^" \\.\nul\

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Travis

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

create your copy.txt file with a command that will include hidden files. for example:

dir /S/B/A-D > copy.txt

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am guessing that you get the message that it cannot find the file specified. I am thinking that your only way out of this would be to unhide the placeholders by running the following command:-

attrib *.* -h /s

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info, so I did modify the original .bat to remove the dir /S/B/A-D > copy.txt because it then touches every file and takes alot longer. What I am doing is using another reference that I got from support, a robocopy script that lists all offline files. Then I copy those hits into the copy.txt so that I am only working with offline files.

robocopy "\\server\share" "E:\Drivers\robo" /S /FP /NP /L /LOG:"E:\robo_offline.log" /IA:O

Doing it this way seems to be much faster than letting the .bat create the copy.txt.

Paul, I will test the attrib *.* -h /s   

Thanks!

Travis

Vikes_2
Level 6

I know that in V9 there is an option to recall only placeholders in specific locations but until I upgrade this is the option to recall items without sending back 100,000 deleted items. At least that is my understanding from reading the EV9 readme..

Travis