Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA metadata migration conflicts with deployment scanner

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi

I want to upgrade a customer to version 10
running the 10 deployment scanner gives an error that there is FSA metadata that needs to be upgraded prior to the EV upgrade.

running the FSA migration summary providing us the details that there are no data to migrate.

The customer used to have FSA servers before, and they were removed more than a year ago.

I don't see any "leftovers" in the console.

attached print screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

This technote matches your situation:

Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner has detected one or more vault stores that contain FSA metadata which requires migration. You must not upgrade Enterprise Vault until you have migrated the FSA metadata
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173741

Problem

Running the Enterprise Vault 10 or higher Deployment Scanner returns a FSA metadata error. The error states to use the FSA upgrade utility to upgrade the metadata.

Running the FSASummaryMigrator.exe returns:

This utility upgrades vault stores that were created by Enterprise Vault 8.0 or earlier. You cannot create FSA reports for vault stores that have not been upgraded.

Retrieving upgrade information from vault store databases.

No vault stores require FSA data upgrade

Solution

Note: A backup of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database should be taken prior to making modifications.

1. Run the following query:

Use EnterpriseVaultDirectory

Select * from UnMigratedVaultStores U Inner Join VaultstoreEntry V

On U.VaultStoreEntryId = V.VaultStoreEntryId

2. If the query returns a value(s) it indicates that the database(s) are still in use and referenced in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory - VaultStoreEntry table. If this is the case, the FSASummaryMigrator should be run against the database(s) listed in step 1. Rerun Deployment Scanner once the FSASummaryMigrator has been completed. No further steps are required

3. Run the following query:

Select * from UnMigratedVaultStores

4. The results from step 3 indicates that a database(s) are no longer in use.

5. Delete the entry:

Delete UnMigratedVaultStores where RowIdentity = x

Note: x is the number returned on step 3

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

details on from - too

EV..... to EV 10.xxxx?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

This technote matches your situation:

Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner has detected one or more vault stores that contain FSA metadata which requires migration. You must not upgrade Enterprise Vault until you have migrated the FSA metadata
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173741

Problem

Running the Enterprise Vault 10 or higher Deployment Scanner returns a FSA metadata error. The error states to use the FSA upgrade utility to upgrade the metadata.

Running the FSASummaryMigrator.exe returns:

This utility upgrades vault stores that were created by Enterprise Vault 8.0 or earlier. You cannot create FSA reports for vault stores that have not been upgraded.

Retrieving upgrade information from vault store databases.

No vault stores require FSA data upgrade

Solution

Note: A backup of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database should be taken prior to making modifications.

1. Run the following query:

Select * from UnMigratedVaultStores U Inner Join VaultstoreEntry V

On U.VaultStoreEntryId = V.VaultStoreEntryId

2. If the query returns a value(s) it indicates that the database(s) are still in use and referenced in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory - VaultStoreEntry table. If this is the case, the FSASummaryMigrator should be run against the database(s) listed in step 1. Rerun Deployment Scanner once the FSASummaryMigrator has been completed. No further steps are required

3. Run the following query:

Select * from UnMigratedVaultStores

4. The results from step 3 indicates that a database(s) are no longer in use.

5. Delete the entry:

Delete UnMigratedVaultStores where RowIdentity = x

Note: x is the number returned on step 3

I hope this helps.

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

@GabeV which is kind of why I asked about versions as this is 9.x thing not an 10.x thing, and if it is a 10.x thing I think we need to know it is occuring and work out why.

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can't agree more.

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

This is a 9.x to 10.3 migration (don't remember the 9 SP version, sorry smiley)

So, I will try the technote on Sunday and will let you know, although that looks exactly like my issue so I'm positive about this solution!

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the update. Looking at the technote, this issue is related to 9.0.4, 9.0.3, 9.0.2, 9.0.1 and 9.0, so I don't think that the SP version matters laugh

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Sarah,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic? If not, please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Gabe

That solved the issue.

sorry for the delay.

marked as solution.

Sarah.