cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA moved item retention?

VersEV1
Level 4

ev12 retention folders: i archive a file and it shows up in ev search and i display the retention column and it's correct.

now in windows explorer i move the file to another retention folder. it shows up in ev search and has the correct new (different) retention.

however, the file still is in the original retention folder in ev search with the original retention. is there a way to truly move a file to another folder and have it remove the source file and update the retention? similar to exchange moved items?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

FSA does not peform moved item updates as Exchange archiving does.  If a file is moved from folder A to folder B and archived again it will appear in both locations.   The only way to move an item and update the DB/index properly is to use FSAUtility -m to move the item(s) in a folder.  However, this cannot be performed on a per-item basis and is done by folder. 

Alterntatively, you could move the item and then delete the original from EVS if that option has been made available. 

Regards,

Patrick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

FSA does not peform moved item updates as Exchange archiving does.  If a file is moved from folder A to folder B and archived again it will appear in both locations.   The only way to move an item and update the DB/index properly is to use FSAUtility -m to move the item(s) in a folder.  However, this cannot be performed on a per-item basis and is done by folder. 

Alterntatively, you could move the item and then delete the original from EVS if that option has been made available. 

Regards,

Patrick