cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA/windows offline files question

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
For users who have offline files setup in windows, when the files synchronize, this causes a file recall of the document.  Eventually, they will get an access denied on the documents in the Synchronize window. I believe this is due to the file recall limit set in EV.

A.  Is this expected behavior. 
B.  Is there a setting on the client that can be set up to ignore these types of files when attempting to synchronize.
c.  I'd like some suggestions on how others deal with this scenario.

Thanks.

-Joe
5 REPLIES 5

Bobby
Level 4
Hi Joe,

I went through the same scenario. When i talked with symantec support guy he told me that synchonization of archived files was not supported at the moment.

By the way, recall limit by default is 15. This is a registry setting.

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
Bobby,

Thanks for the reply.  How did you deal with this.

I guess our issue is that for the users who use this option, they sync their entire home directory with their PC.  Our policy will archive items under that folder, so I guess my question relates to that scenario and maybe some advice on how some others have handled this situation.

Bobby
Level 4
Hi Joe,

I came across this issue while installing EV 7.0 for one of my customers. Couldn't do much about it since it is not supported. So at the moment they are not archiving homefolders.

Adrian_Lowrance
Level 4
I was able to adjust the RecallLimitMaxRecalls in order to not receive the synchronization errors.  My users are synching their My Documents folders.  Since this is in their users directory, I wasnt aware of any way to exclude it.  I am using EV 6.0 SP4.  Is there a way to exclude a certain directory within a share from not being archived in 6.0?

Bobby
Level 4
Adrian,

I've heard that EV server ver 2007 will also be addressing this issue.

I am not sure how high you can set the value associated to RecallLimitMaxRecalls. But I know there is a limit to that.