cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSAUTILITY restore all files and replace placeholders

mrauf
Level 4

Hello,

I  am facing issue to restore all files to another location/shared path of archived file server, I am using the following command to restore on differnet path.

fsautility -t -s "\\FileServer1\Linking"  -l 0

Error: The path \\FileServer1\Linking
is not associated with an archived volume. If you migrated placeholders to this location, let the File System Archiving task process the volume, then
stop the task and re-run this command

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i covered this process in a recent post. might be easier to use archivepoints.exe 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/restore-fsautility

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried:

FSAUTILITY -t -s \\source\share -d \\dest\share

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You will need to check SQL to determine what the VolumeEntryId is for that volume.  If you added a folder target and choose to create an Archive Point then that would possibly create a duplicate archive.  

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

SELECT * from FileServerVolumeEntry 

WHERE VolumeName = 'DOKAEP' 

From this you can then obtain the VolumeEntryId for the DOKAEP volume. With this number you can perform another query. 

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

SELECT * from FileServerVolumeArchiveEntry 

WHERE VolumeEntryId = 'Number_from_first_query'

This may not return any rows, which would seem to be the indication from the error.  If so, then the volume will need to be associated with the archive.   I would suggest opening a Support case so that they can walk you through the correct process. 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i covered this process in a recent post. might be easier to use archivepoints.exe 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/restore-fsautility