cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSAUtility - Bulk restore of files - restore times

tbuck
Not applicable

Hi there, I am after some help with the use of the FSA utility.

We have a distributed environment where remote file servers WILL have the FSA utility installed and all file servers connect and files are archived back to the same enterprise vault server for file archiving however with the number of users in our orgaisation users sometimes get moved to other sites for weeks/months at a time, at that point there files are moved.  

We would like to automate this process as our current move process is automated and I think I have figured this bit out. 

The bit that concerns me is the rate at which the FSA utility is able to migrate placeholders or complete bulk restore of files.

Does symantec have any figures about the rate of process, ie MBs process per min etc. Also is more than one FSA utility able to be run at once.

I have been unable to find to much on the site regarding this. We are on the latest release 10.3, our server has 8 cores with 32Gb of RAM

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

How long it will take to move items is a bit of a long-piece-of-string type of question because it depends on a whole varierty of aspects...  WAN bandwidth, WAN saturation, load on the EV server, file size, etc, etc.

You might want to look at:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/moving-enterprise-vault-data

With regards to the question about whether you can use multiple FSAUtility instances, I've never tried it.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

How long it will take to move items is a bit of a long-piece-of-string type of question because it depends on a whole varierty of aspects...  WAN bandwidth, WAN saturation, load on the EV server, file size, etc, etc.

You might want to look at:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/moving-enterprise-vault-data

With regards to the question about whether you can use multiple FSAUtility instances, I've never tried it.

Working for cloudficient.com