cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSAUtility Changing Modify Date

stilesinfotech
Level 2

I am trying to recall all files and replace the placeholders.

In doing some testing, I thought I was good to go. However, I noticed that after the recall completes, all folders have a new modified date/time of when the file was recalled. The files are retaining the older dates, but all folders are not.

Is this normal behavior? I don't want this to affect my backup jobs that have filters not to back up anything past a specific date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

Folder date modoficaiton is actually a function of Windows. Create a new file in a folder, and you will see the folder modified date change. FSAUtility is effectively creating new files and so Windows updates the folder timestamp.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't think a folder date would keep the item inside of from being backed up would it? 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with Tony. Backups are looking at the files.. not folders.

Working for cloudficient.com

stilesinfotech
Level 2

I agree, I just wanted to make sure that the folder date modification is by design.

Thank you both.

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

Folder date modoficaiton is actually a function of Windows. Create a new file in a folder, and you will see the folder modified date change. FSAUtility is effectively creating new files and so Windows updates the folder timestamp.