cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed DL Expansion, Failed to Copy and Failed to Store

evault_newbie
Level 3

Why do some messages go into Failed DL Expansion, failed to copy and failed to store? How can I get these to archive to vault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Failed to Store usually means that the item is corrupt, too big or something else internally has occured on Storage Archive within EV
Failed to Expand DL tends to be when the EV account doesn't have access to a Distribution List to pull the names from OR the DL no longer exists (sometimes seen when you pull legacy PST files to journal or you are journaling someone elses mail)
Failed to Copy usually means the item is out and out right corrupt or it has a damaged P2 message etc

The only thing i can suggest is the Failed to Expand DL is to switch a policy option so that if it expands DL it still archives it regardless, but when you search you will have to search by the DL name and you won't know who really received it (but if its a case of the DL doesn't exist, you wouldnt know this anywho)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I have been fighting this fight for years and still no resolution

The failed DL expansion can be because of nested DL's. When you have many DL's that are part of other DL's these can fail to expand. Example. Site DL inside City DL inside Country DL inside Division DL

Failed to store can be because the item is already in the archive. If you search for the item chances are it is already in there, the same applied to failed to copy.

Some of these could also be corrupt messages thats causing them to be unreadable by EV

evault_newbie
Level 3

Can we force to archive them even if the DL cannot be expanded?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
The only way i know is to turn off the Expand DL option then archive the items and then turn the option back on again

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
You can also set the policy to archive the item even if it fails to expand the DL's

evault_newbie
Level 3
Thanks for all the information. Appreciate it.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Failed to Store usually means that the item is corrupt, too big or something else internally has occured on Storage Archive within EV
Failed to Expand DL tends to be when the EV account doesn't have access to a Distribution List to pull the names from OR the DL no longer exists (sometimes seen when you pull legacy PST files to journal or you are journaling someone elses mail)
Failed to Copy usually means the item is out and out right corrupt or it has a damaged P2 message etc

The only thing i can suggest is the Failed to Expand DL is to switch a policy option so that if it expands DL it still archives it regardless, but when you search you will have to search by the DL name and you won't know who really received it (but if its a case of the DL doesn't exist, you wouldnt know this anywho)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146