cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to delete closed vault store

bschkltd
Level 4
Hi All,

I have now using EV 2007 with Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, and I have tried to delete a closed vault store (For testing).
The following error was prompt.

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryService object reported an error.

The error code was 0x80040e14

I have tried to solve the problem using Document ID: 290597, but the result is negative.

Anyone please give me a hand? Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
sp_configure 'show advanced options',1
reconfigure with override
go
sp_configure 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries',1
go

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Can you specify your sp level?

Do you retention categories allow deletion?
Did you try to delete the associated archives first?
Can you post the exact error messages you are seeing?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
One other question is What version of SQL are you using?  Do you see Event 13360?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/293852

When deleting a Vault Store or Vault Store Partition an Event ID 13360 error is generated regarding Ad Hoc Queries

Exact Error Message
SQL Server blocked access to STATEMENT 'OpenRowset/OpenDatasource' of component 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' because the component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server.
A system administrator can enable the use of 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' by using the sp_configure

Details:
When a Vault Store or a partition within the store is attempted to be deleted from Enterprise Vault, customers running SQL Server 2005 may experience an error detailing that Ad Hoc Distributed Queries are not enabled, which is needed by default if Vault Stores are held on a SQL Server separate to the main Enterprise Vault Directory database.

There are two ways in which Ad Hoc Distributed Queries can be enabled, through Surface Area Configuration Manager or SQL Query Analyzer.

Solution:
SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration Manager

1. Open the SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration Manager on the server that contains the Enterprise Vault Directory database.

2. Click Surface Area Configuration for Features, click Ad Hoc Remote Queries, check "Enable OPENROWSET and OPENDATASOURCE support' and press OK.

Note: No restart of the SQL server, services or Enterprise Vault servers are required.

SQL Query Analyzer

Run the following query:

EXEC sp_configure 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries',1

Note: No restart of the SQL server, services or Enterprise Vault servers are required.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Could you try to dtrace the DirectoryService?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

bschkltd
Level 4
Tony,

Thanks for your help.

I have tried the solution (http://support.veritas.com/docs/293852), however, an error message prompts while I execute the SQL statement.

" Msg 15123, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_configure, Line 51
The configuration option 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' does not exist, or it may be an advanced option."

Would you mind please advise?

Thanks

bschkltd
Level 4
Michel,

Thanks for your help.

Actually, would you mind please let me know how to complete?

Many thanks 

bschkltd
Level 4
Tony,

Many thanks for your help.

Would you mind please see the following for details? 

Do you retention categories allow deletion? Would you mind please let me know how to check?
Did you try to delete the associated archives first? Yes, it's testing vault, so no folder/message inside the store.
Can you post the exact error messages you are seeing?

Actually, system delivers two message from event viewer.

Message 1:

Event ID 8453

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryService object reported an error.

The error code was 0x80040e14

Message2:

Event ID: 13360

An error was detected while accessing the Vault Database 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' (Internal reference: .\ADODataAccess.cpp (CADODataAccess::ExecuteSQLCommand) [lines {1379,1381,1396,1428}] built May 27 14:49:34 2008):

Description:

SQL Server blocked access to STATEMENT 'OpenRowset/OpenDatasource' of component 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries', see "Surface Area Configuration" in SQL Server Books Online.

SQL Command:
SELECT TOP 1 IdPartition FROM OPENDATASOURCE ('SQLOLEDB', 'Data Source=128.1.1.40;integrated security=SSPI').EVBSCCNJournalVault.dbo.Saveset WHERE (IdPartition = ?)

Additional Microsoft supplied information:

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Number: 0x80040e14
SQL State: 42000
Native Error: 00015281
HRESULT 0x80040e14

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Thanks.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
sp_configure 'show advanced options',1
go
sp_configure 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries',1
go

bschkltd
Level 4
Paul,

Many thanks for your help.

The problem solved by following your solution.

Thank you very much

Kenny