cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to get the document from the Storage Service.

joaomino
Not applicable

Guys, could you please help?

Symptom:

- User tries to restore an e-mail with attachments and gets the error "GetOnlineAttachmentFileSize  0xc0041b0f"

- I noted the following event IDs on EV servers when user tries to restore : 6835 ( Failed to extract CAB file ), 6838 (Failed to recall a Saveset from its Collection ), 6927 (Failed to extract CAB file) and 6287 (Unable to fetch item from <servername>).

- When I try to restore the item through EV Administration Console I get the error: Failed to get the document from the Storage Service

- If I browse the path where CAB files are in, I can access it , extract the DVS file, open it and get the e-mail attachments

- This is happening only with one specific user and only with one specific e-mail archived.

EV version: Enterprise Vault 2007 - 7.5 SP4

Any idea?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

that is an interesting issue. There is an issue with EV extracting the item from the cab but you can manually do this. I have seen A LOT of these kinds of issues, but rarely does one manifest like you are describing.

I would tripple check your process. If you can get the item from the cab file, I would make sure that the DB reflects the same item you are checking. a storageserver, storagerestore, storageonlineopns dtrace should show what is happening at the point of retrieval.

IMHO this should not occur . . .that you can manually retrieve teh item from a cab but not retrieve it through EV.

GPK Guy is certianly right, that if this needs to be cleaned up you would need to call support to get a VERSION SPECIFIC (don't use one you may have laying arround) utility called VSVerify, but this would result in removal of the item from the system (Assuming the utility runs into the problem EV has but that windows explorer is not having. . .). I personally think there is room for futher investigation. . .as something is not matching up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

What is the storage device?

Do you see any ARCHDVS or ARCHCAB files?

Maverik
Level 6

Does sound like some form of corruption on the CAB file to be honest, depending on the extent can depend if you can then extract it via the CAB directly.  

How exactly are you accessing it via the Admin Console?  Any luck if the user attempts to open it via Archive Explorer? 

Another test it perhaps to use EVSVR and the Dumpsaveset command, assuming you are using a later version of EV.  (See utilities guide).  If this also fails then I would suggest to get a dtrace of EVSVR whilst doing the dumpsaveset and post it. 

As Tony also says are you seeing the archdvs files for the saveset in question? This will confirm then if EV is extracting the item from the CAB file in the first place. 

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

EVSVR Wasn't out until EV8, this is EV2007. Probably need VSVerify or DVS Checker, whichever one you would be good to log a support case as I believe these are still "internal" tools (not on public media)

Prone2Typos

that is an interesting issue. There is an issue with EV extracting the item from the cab but you can manually do this. I have seen A LOT of these kinds of issues, but rarely does one manifest like you are describing.

I would tripple check your process. If you can get the item from the cab file, I would make sure that the DB reflects the same item you are checking. a storageserver, storagerestore, storageonlineopns dtrace should show what is happening at the point of retrieval.

IMHO this should not occur . . .that you can manually retrieve teh item from a cab but not retrieve it through EV.

GPK Guy is certianly right, that if this needs to be cleaned up you would need to call support to get a VERSION SPECIFIC (don't use one you may have laying arround) utility called VSVerify, but this would result in removal of the item from the system (Assuming the utility runs into the problem EV has but that windows explorer is not having. . .). I personally think there is room for futher investigation. . .as something is not matching up.