Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to get outlook 2007 to work with Exchange 2013

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Experts,

Anyone who has archived Exchange 2013. Can you please share your experiences. We are having trouble getting the outlook to talk to Exchange 2013.

Here is our environment -

EV 10.0.4 on widows 2008 R2

EV server has Outlook 2007 with SP3(The hotfix mentioned inthe documentation does not work but th level of binary version is higher than the one in the hotfix i.e.) installed

Its a mixed Exchange environment with 2010 and 2013 where migration is going on from 2010 to 2013. There are mailboxes on 2010 and 2013 both.

These are the hotfixes installed for outlook on EV server

We are trying to find out from MS but still no luck.

Your kind advises are highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

<snip>

Does check name work in the profile? There are two cas servers, one for exchange 2010 and one for exchange 2013. The one for exchange 2010  detects the system mailbox on exchange 2013 but the cas of exchnage 2013 doesnot detect system mailbox on exchange2013 itself

<.snip>

That's your problem then I would suspect.  I would work with Microsoft on this, and why you can't connect to a mailbox on Exchange 2013.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

I think the screenshots are not visible.

Attaching the screenshots.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you created a system mailbox on Exchange 2013?

Can you open an Outlook profile to that mailbox?

Have you run the permissions powershell scripts?

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Hi Rob. Thanks for the reply.

Yes we did everything correct. I think I am not clear in my post.

The issue we have is that the outlook on the EV does not connect to system mailbox. This system mailbox is resident on exchange 2013 server.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay, so, what happens when you try to connect?

Have you checked to make sure cached mode is not enabled?

Have you checked to see if RPC/HTTP is enabled?

Have you tried connecting to a normal mailbox?

Does check name work in the profile?

Do you have this particular Outlook 2007 hotfix or higher installed:

Taken from: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/845.outlook-versions-supported-by-exchange-200720102013online.aspx

You need to list the things that you've tried, and what you see, I think.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Okay, so, what happens when you try to connect? Its gives an error "Exchange server is unavailable"

Have you checked to make sure cached mode is not enabled? Dont know how to check this

Have you checked to see if RPC/HTTP is enabled? No idea about this

Have you tried connecting to a normal mailbox? system mailbox from exchange 2010 works.

Does check name work in the profile? There are two cas servers, one for exchange 2010 and one for exchange 2013. The one for exchange 2010  detects the system mailbox on exchange 2013 but the cas of exchnage 2013 doesnot detect system mailbox on exchange2013 itself

Do you have this particular Outlook 2007 hotfix or higher installed:

I tried to install this and the one given in the admin guide. None of them are revalent as it says while installing.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

<snip>

<.snip>

That's your problem then I would suspect.  I would work with Microsoft on this, and why you can't connect to a mailbox on Exchange 2013.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Thank Rob as always. We are already working with Microsoft and will let you know what we find on this.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help, would be keen to know what the problem is...

TheEmptyMind
Level 4

Hello,

Do you have any update from Microsoft on this?  FWIW, we are running into a similar scenario as well i.e., Outlook 2007 won't open mailboxes on Exchange 2013.  We logged a case with Microsoft and they are able to reproduce the issue in their lab, although they say that they stopped issuing hotfixes to Office/Outlook 2007 and asked us to not have any hopes for a fix.

Do let us know if you have a different answer from Microosft or if you figured out a workaround.

I realize this thread is old, but we had this problem while trying to get our EV 11 servers to talk to Exchange 2016 with system mailbox outlook profile on the vault servers.  Lots of things you listed we tried but what it turned out to be was the Vault Service Account was in the Exchange org group (had been inadvertently added). Once we removed that group the problem was solved.