Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Archive Permissions not visible

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All

I have a problem where none of my File Archive Points have any permissions visible on the Permissions tab.I can manually add them but the Sync does't seem to be working.I did remove from the Mailbox Desktop Policy the Sync Folder Permissions but why should this effect the File Archives ?

I am using EV8.0

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have a read of the following article:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/294553 

Is this what you mean? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Hey Bruce,

The mbx policy has no effect on FSA, so no worries there.  :)

Just to clarify, are you looking on the archives themselves?  

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi Tony

Yes from the VAC I can see all my archive points but no permissions .The result is I can cannot search or see these archive points from the Archive Search or AE.If I manually add the relevant user to the Permissions tab I can then see and search fine.So really my questions is why is  permissions on the Share Level on the File Server Target not sycronizing with EV .Hope this makes sense :)

TonySterling

Have a read of the following article:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/294553 

Is this what you mean? 

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi Tony

I believe this has solved my problem ,I just want to articulate the problem and fix and see if you agree :)

The customer has a folder structure with a top level share and then subfolders beneath that which aren't shared .The default permissions sync with EV FSA  is share level ,because all the subfolders weren't shared no permissions were visible .When I changed the registry it now tells EV to use the permissions set on the top level folder\archive point and now all subfolders inherit it's permissions .Is this correct as I now see my subfolders with permissions .