cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Server archive behaviour ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi,

Can anyone please clarify if my understanding about the FSA agent is right or wrong:

Suppose I have 500 MB .ISO file archived by EV FSA agent, when I recall it, the FSA agent pulls the file from the EV Vault Store partition, so this big file is now in the original location for another 6 months then gets archived back to the EV Vault Store according to the policy.

My question is, does the 500 MB disk space is freed up by the EV or the file is just copied by EV into the original location ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
When you restore an item, it is left intact in EV and is not removed, EV used to have Delete on Recall functionality but it got removed some time ago As for the how long it will take to turn back in to a shortcut "If the recalled file remains unmodified, then Enterprise Vault converts the file back to a placeholder on the next archiving service run. The only exception is if the archiving policy's shortcut creation rules are based on the last access time. In that case, Enterprise Vault reverts the file only when the shortcut creation rules are met."
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
When you restore an item, it is left intact in EV and is not removed, EV used to have Delete on Recall functionality but it got removed some time ago As for the how long it will take to turn back in to a shortcut "If the recalled file remains unmodified, then Enterprise Vault converts the file back to a placeholder on the next archiving service run. The only exception is if the archiving policy's shortcut creation rules are based on the last access time. In that case, Enterprise Vault reverts the file only when the shortcut creation rules are met."
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, many thanks for the clarification Jesus.

now I understand EV more.