Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File is being recalled but "x" placeholder is not changing

leandro_dalit
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi EV Experts,

Customer has FSA in placed, archiving is working fine and files can be recalled BUT the "x" placeholder is not changing to original file icon. The files can be opened perfectly fine but the question is why is it not changing to original file. 

Thanks!

Leandro

4 REPLIES 4

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Leandro,

the first thing that comes to my mind is the usage of the pass-through recall option where the placeholder is only overwritten by the original if the calling application is requiring it.

Is this option active? 

-FSA Target details in the vac - General

-FSA Volumes in the vac - General

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you share what type of file server?  Window Server, NetApp?

leandro_dalit
Level 4
Partner Accredited

It is a Windows Server 2016.

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It has been a while but IIRC placeholder creation and archiving are commonly done on alternate runs. I believe this follows the same "is the file backed up" principal. I would check to ensure all of your savesets archived are backed up. The reports may show you what is done and as you can see there are a lot of run-modes, including those for placeholder creation. ref: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/14499690-127956933-0/v16222038-127956933

I would run through basic checks . Task configured as desired, what are the reports reporting, how many files are awaiting backup.

Passthrough certainly catches some people, but IIRC it is specalized to specific configs that at a glance, do not appear to be applicable to your situation.