Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File server archiving Licenses

Mmkhan
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Team,

What is the difference between user base and database level licenses ?

If i purchase file server archiving user base license for 25 users. Can i archive any size of file server database ?

If i purchase file server database license for 4 tb. can i archive any number users ?

Please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

File System Archiving is now part of the "EV Archiving" bundle. its licensed based on front end capacity which means the size of the data before its archived. the license bundle includes File Servers, SharePoint, SMTP Archiving, and IMAP access for internet mail archives. the capacity based license has no restriction on number of users.

you might want to also look at File System Archiving ias part of a different bundle called File Governance which includes File System Archiving and Symantec Data Insight. on a side note, as a partner, you should be able to get the Licensing Guide which has all this information for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

File System Archiving is now part of the "EV Archiving" bundle. its licensed based on front end capacity which means the size of the data before its archived. the license bundle includes File Servers, SharePoint, SMTP Archiving, and IMAP access for internet mail archives. the capacity based license has no restriction on number of users.

you might want to also look at File System Archiving ias part of a different bundle called File Governance which includes File System Archiving and Symantec Data Insight. on a side note, as a partner, you should be able to get the Licensing Guide which has all this information for you.