cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File system archiving task does not archive.

skarve
Level 4
Certified
Hello all,
   I am new to EV , I have configured a File server for archiving:

1. Install FSA agent.
2. Added hidden volume (C$)
3. Added a folder for archiving.

When I run the task in report mode it displays the list of all files that are going to be archived, but in normal mode the task says none of the files matched the archiving rule.

My question is why did report mode work and not the actual task.

EV service account has all the necessary permissions and all the required services for FSA are runnning on the file server.

Maybe I am missing some steps.

Thanks
Sumeet.Karve 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Sumeet,

There is no mention of policy's. I would recommend taking a quick look at the "Setting up File System Archiving" see if you missed anything.  Once you gone through those couple of pages and still cant get it right let us know.

--wayne

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Sumeet,

There is no mention of policy's. I would recommend taking a quick look at the "Setting up File System Archiving" see if you missed anything.  Once you gone through those couple of pages and still cant get it right let us know.

--wayne

skarve
Level 4
Certified
Thanks Wayne,
        I suspect that is the problem, but have tried all nooks and tricks to get it working. So do you mean, even if the policy has a problem I still get the desired output for reports and not the actual archive? I believe maybe something else is not correct. Can EV archive system drive (C:)?

Thanks
Sumeet.Karve