Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Permissions

Dietmar_Deeg
Level 4
Partner
Greetings from Germany

Scenario:

I created a folder in the mailbox from user A with EVPM. I also created read-permissions for User B on this new folder. Should it now be possible for user B to find archived mails from user A which are in the new folder?

Thanks
Dietmar Deeg
5 REPLIES 5

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Hi Dietmar,

you mean you set the permissions using Outlook?

Yes, the permissions should go across for anything archived from that folder but you have to Synchronise first (happens automatically at midnight and noon or run it yourself)

David

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Hi Dieter

There are a few different options here.
If you used the ArchivePermissions section then that will set permissions directly on the Archive and the user would be able to see the whole archive.

If you used Exchangepermissions under the Folder section in the EVPM script then you would define the same role as per Outlook (reviewer in this instance) and the permission would be applied to the Outlook folder and subsequently would have to be synchronised back to the Archive before the required user could access it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Dietmar_Deeg
Level 4
Partner
Hi Ghost

I used the Exchangepermissions in the EVPM script to give me read-permissions on a folder in a test-mailbox. In Outlook i can connect this test-mailbox and i see only this folder i set permissions for me. I think thats OK. When i search for mails in this folder, no matter if in Outlook or in the Alta-Vista Search, i only can search my own archive. I synchronized the mailbox including the Folder Permissions.

Any idea?

Greets from Germany

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Dietmar,

creat a MAPI profile directly to this mailbox. Open it and look at the Outlook permssions on that Folder to see if they have been applied.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You would have to a script something along these line:

DirectoryComputerName = EV
SiteName = Site1

DistinguishedName = /o=mydom/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=giveaccessUSR

Name = Mailboxroot
ExchangePermissions = /o=mydom/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/CN=USER1:REVIEWER

Name = \testpermfolder
ExchangePermissions = /o=mydom/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/CN=USER1:REVIEWER

Reason behind this that you have to assign rights from the top all the way down the path. At a minimum you need 'Folder Visable' set on the Mailboxroot for the user. Don't set it for Anonymous or Default.

Cheers