cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders in Journal Archive search (EV10 for Exchange)

rnt123
Level 5

Hello,

I set up a test server in the lab and I set up some test data and it is searchable. However, I noticed that there is an option is search in specific folders. I am wondering how this relates to journal archives. I understand how it would be relevant to mailbox archives where the user may have a bunch of folders that are being archived and the administrator only wants to search in a specific folder, but for a journal mailbox where everything is pulled from the inbox of the dedicated journal account in Exchange, is this option necessary?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You are correct, a journal archive is considered unstructured or flat so there aren't going to be folders to search.

The option is there because it is the same search interface.  It shouldn't be a big issues as only specific people will have access to search a journal archive.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You are correct, a journal archive is considered unstructured or flat so there aren't going to be folders to search.

The option is there because it is the same search interface.  It shouldn't be a big issues as only specific people will have access to search a journal archive.