Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the license issue of ENTERPRISE VAult License

KimengIt
Level 4

Dear All

I found my license record on online symantec license with following items:-

• SYMC ENTERPRISE VAULT E-DISCOVERY STANDARD EDITION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 9.0 WIN PER USER INITIAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND A
  • SYMC ENTERPRISE VAULT STORAGE MGMT ADV EDITION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 9.0 WIN PER USER INITIAL ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND A

I would like to know if this license is related to the Microsoft Exchange malbox to be archive at Enterprise Vault?

what circumstance that I need to buy the license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Kimengit,

You can best ask these questions to your salesperson.

EV license is paid for number of active mailbox-users. A user can have multiple mailboxes (1 license), or you can have (for instance) 10 groupmailboxes handled by 1 user (in all it is 1 ev-license).

Ofcourse, you need to comply to the requirements qua licensing, but EV does not do a check to see if you go over. Example:

you have a license for 500 users. You grow to 700 users, EV will remain working, but you should buy an additional 200 licenses. However, if in the growth of 200 new users, 50 leave, you need to buy a licnese for 150 users (+200 -50 active users..)

Call licensing support. They can explain thoroughly and officially.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

SYMC ENTERPRISE VAULT STORAGE MGMT ADV EDITION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE includes Mailbox Archiving ,Vault Cache,PST Ingestion and Public Folder Archiving.

So yes, you can use mailbox archiving with this license.

GertjanA

Archiving Journal mailbox and Discovery Accelerator

Regards. Gertjan

KimengIt
Level 4

If the number of mailbox user increase to over the license level of both Storage and Discovery license, should I need to buy extra license to accommodate the extra mailbox EV archive?

GertjanA

Hello Kimengit,

You can best ask these questions to your salesperson.

EV license is paid for number of active mailbox-users. A user can have multiple mailboxes (1 license), or you can have (for instance) 10 groupmailboxes handled by 1 user (in all it is 1 ev-license).

Ofcourse, you need to comply to the requirements qua licensing, but EV does not do a check to see if you go over. Example:

you have a license for 500 users. You grow to 700 users, EV will remain working, but you should buy an additional 200 licenses. However, if in the growth of 200 new users, 50 leave, you need to buy a licnese for 150 users (+200 -50 active users..)

Call licensing support. They can explain thoroughly and officially.

Regards. Gertjan

TonySterling

Yes, if your number of mailboxes increases it is your responsibility to buy more license so you are in compliance with your agreement.