cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Base Authentication

Jane_Lau
Level 3
Have EV integrated with OWA with FBA. However, the system will always prompt end user to re-enter logon info when access to archived email even though they have already logon to OWA. User can check the 'remember my password' option to last the credentials info for the logon session. However, next time when user login to OWA, he/she will be required to re-authenticate again when access an archived item.

I understand FBA is not using the traditional authentication in IIS. Therefore, EV is not able to obtain the user's credential.

May i know is there any step can be taken to avoid re-authentication?

thks,
Jane
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
The V6 version for OWA seems to have gotten around this issue for normal archived email messages if your OWA policy is set to use the OWA rendering and not EV rendering. The only time you then need to log in for the session is when you use Archive Explorer or the search functionality through OWA. :)

Much better.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Have you read http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=52972&tstart=15 ?

Jane_Lau
Level 3
Yes. i just hope that someone may have done something to tweak it or as a gold partner of microsoft, veritas may have done something with microsoft to resolve it. well, i will just have to absorb it. hopefully something can be done one day.

thanks David.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
The V6 version for OWA seems to have gotten around this issue for normal archived email messages if your OWA policy is set to use the OWA rendering and not EV rendering. The only time you then need to log in for the session is when you use Archive Explorer or the search functionality through OWA. :)

Much better.

Jane_Lau
Level 3
Really? OK, will test it out.

thanks for the info.