cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Pst exporting from Discovery accelerator concern

pravingoud
Level 4

Dear Team,

I have a query regarding pst exporting through Discovery Accelerator.

~i have to export 250 users full pst for migration purpose

~i am facing slowness issue durring pst exporting on enterprise vault Server (SAS storage :( )

~in this enviorment discovery accelerator (DA) is already installed

~when i export pst from enterprise vault server that pst giving me folders structure separately (inbox,sent,etc) which is easy to migrate on new ev server. its giving me same view on migration server(New EV server).

~so my concern is can i export full pst with same folder structure(inbox,sent etc) on discovery accelerator. or is there any way to export full users pst with speed. i am not aware of this please share your suggetion if any one has idea about it.

Regards,

Pravin Goud

Enterprise Vault Admin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Pravin,

Discovery Accelerator is a compliance tool and not appropriate to use for this purpose. There is no option to export an archive to PST and maintain the folder structure.

Therefore, you basically have 2 options:

1. Use native archive export feature

2. Use 3rd-party tool from vendors like TransVault, Quatro-tech, Globanet, etc.

May I ask you where are you migrating the data? There may be other options too.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

Mouse

I guess in this case you are stuck with the process you decided to use for migration. 

DA uses the same access method to archives as EV so I can't imagine how it can make things much faster.

You can look at Quadrotech Archive Shuttle for quick EV-to-EV migration if time is important, it moves data directly to the destination EV so no need to deal with PST files.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VirgilDobos

Hi Pravin,

Discovery Accelerator is a compliance tool and not appropriate to use for this purpose. There is no option to export an archive to PST and maintain the folder structure.

Therefore, you basically have 2 options:

1. Use native archive export feature

2. Use 3rd-party tool from vendors like TransVault, Quatro-tech, Globanet, etc.

May I ask you where are you migrating the data? There may be other options too.

--Virgil

Thanks virgil,

i am migrating data on new enterprise vault enviorment 12.1 old one was Enterprise vault 11.1 on old ev server there was

a lots up issue and bugs which is impacting user so we decided to build a new enterprise vault enviornment. now we made that new enviorment for user and migrating user fro old ev server to new.

Regards,

Pravin Goud 

Enterprise vault Admin    

Mouse

I guess in this case you are stuck with the process you decided to use for migration. 

DA uses the same access method to archives as EV so I can't imagine how it can make things much faster.

You can look at Quadrotech Archive Shuttle for quick EV-to-EV migration if time is important, it moves data directly to the destination EV so no need to deal with PST files.

@pravingoud May we know what is the Windows version / SQL version / Storage method that EV 11.1 is on?

If you can make the Vault Stores and Indexes available to the new 12.1 environment, an easier way to migrate would be to upgrade the existing 11.1 server in-place if it meets the compatibility pre-requisites (https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/128058600-128865835-0/index) to 12.1. 

Then, complete the procedure to move the EV server to new hardware.

Hi arnoldmathias,

FYI

1) Windows 2008R2 

2) SQL 2014 

3) Storage SAS/SCSI

Regards,

Pravin Goud

Enterprise Vault Admin