cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERATION in [PSTCHECKPOINT] not filled in new .ini file

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi everyone,

when running a evpm script for pst migration in report / process mode EV is creating a new .ini file which contains details about files already processed and so on. This newly created .._1.ini contains a [PSTCHECKPOINT] section with details about the original file and more. I recently recognized that EV is not automatically filling in a number for the Generation which ultimately leads to the error "Error encountered generating restart .ini file" at the end of the run of _1.ini as it tries to create the _1.ini file which we are utilizing right now instead of creating _2.ini.

If I manually add GENERATION = 1 and run the script it will correctly generate a _2.ini file but this also only contains "GENERATION ="   without a number.

Tried this in EV 12.0.4, 12.3.1 as well as 12.4.1 all with the same result. Is this by design and I am simply misunderstanding the documentation? 

I am referring to:

[PSTcheckpoint] section PST scripted migration

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/95955885-127965760-0/v11744531-127965760

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de
1 REPLY 1

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Contacted technical support and they acknowledged this as a bug that still present in the latest release. Didn't get a jira reference or technote so far but will update the thread when receiving any new information.

Regards

Marc 

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de