Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get size of data in Vault Store "un-optimized"

Lenny_
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Is there a command or a way to get the size of the data stored inside the Vault Store ? I don't mean the size of the Vault Store, but the size of the data stored inside, without the deduplication and the optimization made by EV.

I know there is a command to get the dedup stats, but is there a more accurate way to get the information.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

when you say "without the deduplication and the optimization made by EV" do you mean the original size of the data or do you mean the size on disk?

Lenny_
Level 4
Partner

Thank for the answers,

The context of the question is to compare how much space it consumes in EV than as how it would consume space if the archived data where stored in a Exchange archive database that doesn't have advanced optimization mechanics.

I'm not referring to a specific version of EV, it's just to know if there is a way to get this information.

Thanks

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Use EVVSExchangeVaultStore_2 --Your Vault Store DB
SELECT
    Archive.ArchiveName,sum (originalsize)/1024 kb_Original,sum (itemsize) kb_DVS
FROM
    EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.Archive Archive
    JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.Root RT on Archive.rootidentity = RT.rootidentity
    JOIN ArchivePoint on RT.VaultEntryId = ArchivePoint.ArchivePointId
    JOIN Saveset on ArchivePoint.ArchivePointIdentity = Saveset.ArchivePointIdentity
    JOIN SavesetProperty SP on Saveset.SavesetIdentity = SP.SavesetIdentity
GROUP BY
    ArchiveName