cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Outlook Anywhere/RPC over HTTP to work

moster78
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Hey all, having an issue and I'm starting to get at my wits end here. I have a single EV server, behind a single Exchange 2007 CAS server which fronts a single Mailbox cluster server. I have the OWA extensions for EV working just fine for the CAS server, but I can't get everything to function remotely for clients using Outlook Anywhere or RPC over HTTP to connect.

When I go to grab an archived attachment, or open Archive Explorer or the Search, it tries to point to the internal name of my vault server, which in this case, is just vaultserver, which of course it won't resolve to. I have set the RPC over HTTP proxy to be a registered DNS record to my vault server which we're publishing, but the policy doesn't seem to be taking. It keeps defaulting to the internal only link. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and its EV 7.5 SP5!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi I think this might interest you: ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/308450.pdf Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi I think this might interest you: ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/308450.pdf Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

moster78
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Thanks! I found that in one of my earlier searches, and set the external web app URL for each policy and now everything is working like it should. Unfortunately, older archived attachments still show up with the old, internal only URL, but in time they'll get shuffled out anyway.

Thanks again!

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hello Moster,

It seems that I have the same issue.
Could you clarify your solution ?