cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting event ID 28993 Unable to convert item content Reason: The converted content is too large

Jeffrey_Kraus
Level 2

Hi, Im getting a lot of these error. is there a way to allow larger file to be prossesed into Evault. we need to save these files for audit and legal issues.

I'm running EV ver 12.4.0.1303

Unable to convert item content
Reason: The converted content is too large to process (0xc0041bd0)
Supplementary Info:

Item: SA:-0
Subject: Nap Model v1.1.xlsm
Attachment:
Type: xlsm
Vault ID: 1DD66B0577574F7499A256B0FAF2F287C1110000evserver
SaveSet ID: 202006101809640~202004211940590000~Z~B0CA53408BBBC4484503C0C452EC7A11
Attachment ID: 1

This item will be archived without a preview being available to the web application and the content will not be indexed. It is not possible to search on the content but the item can be restored as normal

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=12.4.0.0&build=12.4....

thanks

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Jeff,

The item IS archived, it is not indexed. This means that a Legal search (using Discovery Accelerator as example) will not find key words in the attachment itself. If it is attached to an email, it will find that mail.

There are some caveats when indexing very large items. It will slow down your archiving for instance, it uses a lot of memory also. You need to look at Content Conversion

If you go here look for 28993 you find some articles and kb's describing the issue, and advising possible workarounds.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Jeff,

The item IS archived, it is not indexed. This means that a Legal search (using Discovery Accelerator as example) will not find key words in the attachment itself. If it is attached to an email, it will find that mail.

There are some caveats when indexing very large items. It will slow down your archiving for instance, it uses a lot of memory also. You need to look at Content Conversion

If you go here look for 28993 you find some articles and kb's describing the issue, and advising possible workarounds.

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks  Gertjan,

It appears I have bigger issues. the entire index directory was deleted more than 8 months ago. We had a third party (outside legal consul) supposedly administrating and monitoring this server. They left it as a **bleep** show. Well they are gone now!! And I'm left to pick up the pieces. the wiped out the whole directory structure C:\EVStorage\index\index1-8. I found and old copy of the directory on another drive, but there is not enough room to copy it to the old directory. I want to put these file on a New Drive, but having trouble with the move index wizard.

I'll create another post for this 

thanks for your help

Jeff