cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "not read" notifications when unread message archived ...

BruGuy
Level 6

Hi there,

We have a strange issue since we migrated from Ex2003/EV7 to Ex2010/EV8.

When a message is archived, the sender gets a "deleted without being read" notification.

We don't use journalling mailboxes or shortcut deletion and the recipeint is not even logged on when the notification is sent to the sender. We do archive unread messages but this behaviour didn't happen before our migration.

Any ideas how to resolve this please? The users are starting to think that their PCs are infected!

We did upgrade the Outlook client on the EV server from 2003 to 2007. Do the send read receipt settings there matter?

Thanks,

- Alan.

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

BruGuy
Level 6

Yep, seen that solution and setting that key makes no difference whatsoever.

Not surprising because we don't delete shortcuts automatically and the users are absent with no remote access, so they couldn't restore anything - as I mentioned in my post.

Btw telling the users not to request a read receipt isn't an option so that "workaround" won't fly either ...

Thx.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So with the vault service account profile, and Outlook on the EV server.. is there anything that could be forcing the 'read receipt' setting in Outlook to be set to 'always send'? Group Policy? Registry key?

Working for cloudficient.com

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As it mention in above forum, we have known issue when emails are restored those were marked for read receipt. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209735

You may wish to suscribe tech note & ask support for update.

BruGuy
Level 6

As mentioned twice in my posts, no user is logged on when the read receipts are sent.

So no-one is restoring archived items. Unless you're saying that EV is doing restores during the night.

BruGuy
Level 6

Nope, Outlook on the EV server has "never send a response" set and that's not under any policy control.