cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone managed to get EV addin working with Windows 10 and Office 2016?

grahbay
Level 2
I know this is probably a stupid question and I'm fully aware that this isn't supported but I can't seem to get the add in to install at all on Windows 10 (Preview) with Office 2016 (Preview). Is anyone here crazy enough to have tried and got it to work?

When I install the addin towards the end of the install I get a pop up that says 'The Operating System is not presently configured to run this application'. This appears to potentially be something to do with the Mail Control Panel/Mail profiles app...

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried it.
I have attempted 10.0.4 and 11.0.1 client installs.

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

haveny tried it and wouldnt expect it to work. if you have EV 11, you can access your archive via IMAP.

CarlikJ
Level 2

was there a solution found ? 

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Windows 10 is supported with EV 11.0.1 CHF3 as of the september 4th compatibility guide.

Outlook 2013 SP1 is the latest version supported with EV 10 or 11. No mention of anything newer.

blyons1607
Not applicable

Greetings.  

Now that Office 2016, as part of Office 365 is released, any updates on a resolution?  I'm needing it for a customer of mine.

Mainly, this is situation with EV 11.0.1 crashing the SearchProtocolHost.exe product, or vice versa.  I've at least got a scripted fix to get around the error first described in this thread.

grahbay
Level 2

Hi, I can't remember where I heard this but I was told that support for Office 2016 will come in CHF4 for 11.0.1. Judging from the past releases hopefully this would be expected before the end of next month?