cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I gone too far / vbscript crazy...

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Perhaps I have gone a little too far, but here is my vbscript hta for Monitoring Enterprise Vault (Exclusively concerned with Email archiving) in one quick and easy screen. Perhaps I have too much time on my hands at the moment.

Does anyone want the source for this?

Jeremy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Keep an eye out for 'EVToolkit HTA / VBSCRIPT. Realtime EV monitoring.' on the downloads section.

It proved easier for me to modify the script than I expected. It was over 1000 lines of code in the main hta so took a long time to put together, but was pretty quick to change around.

Jeremy.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
looks impressive. i would like to check it out.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Dude, you definitely have too much time....
Looks good, tough!

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Dude,

Share the knowledge and the scripts

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I like the look of that information very much.
Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You make me sound like Will Smith in Independence Day:

Oh man, I got to get me one of these!!

Looks really good. Can you post please, please please?

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Ok Gents,

There is obviously enough interest in this. In my environment I have two database servers, one for each datacentre so my script takes account of that. I will modify the script (All the sub routines) so they are only expecting one database server. I imagine the majority of you folks have a single DB server setup; I know I would given the chance. :)

The source will be forthcoming once I have modified and tested it. Keep an eye out on this thread and on the download section. I will notify as soon as it has been uploaded and then approved by admins.

Jeremy.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Keep an eye out for 'EVToolkit HTA / VBSCRIPT. Realtime EV monitoring.' on the downloads section.

It proved easier for me to modify the script than I expected. It was over 1000 lines of code in the main hta so took a long time to put together, but was pretty quick to change around.

Jeremy.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
EV Toolkit uploaded. Your comments / feedback is greatly appreciated.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Add the version for two DB servers also as some of us have two in an active/active cluster

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
link please?

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
@ scanner001 -- I have two database servers (actually clustered), one in each datacentre. DC001 runs EnterpriseVaultDirectory & databases for EV servers in the DC001 datacentre. DC002 only runs databases for the EV servers in DC002. In an active/passive SQL cluster you would still be running all your database services relating to EV one server at a time? I didn't include the two database server version because we have a crazy setup whereby the databases are split across two SQL clusters. If you really want to see it though I will upload it. Let me know.

@AndrewB. I have uploaded the file on the download section of this site. Just waiting on admins to approve it. If you know any of the admins, then ask them to asess by 'EVToolkit HTA / VBSCRIPT. Realtime EV monitoring.' download post.

Thanks for your interest guys!

Jeremy.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 My clusters are active/ active so we run SQL databases for different vaults an each of the SWL servers  so yes please upload the scripts for the two server config also

Itzik_Gur
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi Jeremy,

I can't find this post in the download section, can you send a link please?

Cheers
Itzik

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
No worries Scanner001. It is actually easier for me to keep the script as I have written it, assuming two database servers. People can then leave blank some variable if they do not need them. I have commented this in the script.

Hopefully it should be approved sometime soon for download.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi all,

I have uploaded the zipped files to evdiscuss.net enjoy :)

Woodhead
Level 3
Since we are journaling, not archivinf, did not need watchfile.  Changed the top middle to number of items in the journal mailbox.

Using the archiveddate (right middle) timed out. Used iddatetime (which is indexed) and it gives data.

Still VERY USEFUL!  Thanks for posting!

Woody

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know future versions of this HTA & support are going to be available on www.evdiscuss.net.

I am going to start working on a version soon which does not require DB servers / EV Servers / databases to be setup, all information is read from the system itself.

Keep checking out evdiscuss.net for when this is released.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

jprknight-oldax
Level 6
Hi all,

For those who were interested with EV Toolkit; hopefully you will be interested to know I am in the process of developing an IIS / ASP site which is installable alongside EV to monitor the EV system.

Monitoring so far, health checks such as:

MSMQs - Folder Sizes & queue counts.
DIsk capacity.

User / Mailbox reports:

Enabled users
Disabled users
Users over warning / send quota limits.

Keep an eye on evdiscuss.net! :)