cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have others run into problems with the Named Property table?

David_standish
Level 5
We recently ran into the quota limit on the Named Property table in our Exchange mailbox store.  The problem is described in this Symantec document: http://support.veritas.com/docs/285106

I'm trying to get a sense of other organizations that seen this.  Microsoft lowered the soft quota to around 8000 with Exchange SP2.  You can use the registry to increase the quota, but there is a max value, so if you exceed that upper limit, the only workaround Microsoft offers is to move mailboxes to a new database.

We're trying to determine if one of our third party applications like Vault add a large number of unique entries to the Named Properties table.  Since there's a reference to the Microsoft article on Symantec's website, I assume that others have seen this.  Does the fact that we are processing archived mail items increase the probability that this table will be flooded with entries?

Anyone else run into this limit?  Did people figure out what had caused the number of properties to get so high?  I don't like the idea of raising the quota if I can't determine what is caused the growth to exceed this threshold.
2 REPLIES 2

David_standish
Level 5
FYI: Found out from support that Vault "adds approximately 65 custom properties that would be created per Store."

Michael_Librett
Level 3
I opened a case with Microsoft and was advised to increase it back to 16000 which was the pre SP2 default value.  Since then, I have not had any issues.