Have to Rebuild Enterprise Vault

I have to rebuild my EV server, and I am a looking to verify if I can use a UNC path for my VSP.  Whoever built EV the first time partioned the hard drive so that they only allocated 12gb to the C drive and 56gb to the D: drive.  Both my Data drive and my OS drive are running out of space.  So the only option is to rebuild, after doing some research on the system I found out that the EV Index is on the D drive, which is also where the EV executables are so I have to move the index  to the NAS storage, I found this kb to do that http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273141.htm I am also going to set the current VSP to R/O and create a new VSP on the NAS as well, to move the VSP I found this kb http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273271.htm  once I have the index moved to the new NAS and the VSPs moved to the NAS, I will have to delete the D drive and expand the C drive to the next continous space with is the 56gb on the D drive.

So here is my dilema or confusion.  I will have to reinstall the EV executables on the C drive, how do I go about pointing to my existing VSPs and do I also have to point to my exisitng EVindex?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

In the Admin doc there is a

In the Admin doc there is a section on DR.  Follow the steps for a Data-only recovery.
For the best O365 Reporting Solution click here Radar-Reporting

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

In the Admin doc there is a

In the Admin doc there is a section on DR.  Follow the steps for a Data-only recovery.
For the best O365 Reporting Solution click here Radar-Reporting

View solution in original post

Highlighted

thanks Tony,  What about

thanks Tony,  What about being able to use UNC path for VSP is that possibe? 
Highlighted

Our vault stores are stored

Our vault stores are stored on a Filer and served up via CIFS so yes, we access them via UNC and it works well.